Staying relevant requires staying updated with the latest industry and market trends. This also allows us at Rapidops to provide the right digital solution to our varied clientele.
With the business world trying to find the right balance to stay upbeat and fresh for its client base, digital consultants must do the same.
We love making digital solutions that solve critical operational issues while creating the path of scalability for businesses from various industry verticals.
This article will share our take on programming languages, what purpose they serve, and why we chose them for developing digital solutions.
Which programming languages are in demand right now?
There are many different programming languages, each with its features and capabilities.
Statisticsanddata.org has been tracking and surveying various programming languages and has created an updated list of 10 most favored and loved programming languages based on various parameters. You can read the full list here.
This section has been curated after conducting interviews with our engineering team members and mentors. So, let’s check out some of the most popular programming languages for 2022 include:
Python is a widely-used programming language. It has been around for almost three decades now and is considered an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language.
Some of its amazing features include:
- A dynamic type system
- An automatic memory management
- Support for multiple programming paradigms
- Structured (mainly procedural), object-oriented, and functional programming
- Can be used to create various applications
- Can be used for versatile purposes; from simple scripts to complex applications
- Extremely easily to learn and use
- Provides greater control of the browser
- Has a well-organized codebase
- Automatically provides code validity
- Type checking catches errors even before code execution
- Ease of use
- Complete rewriting of existing codebase is not required
- Development is more manageable and efficient
Go is a programming language was created by Robert Griesemer, Rob Pike, and Ken Thompson at Google in 2009. created at Google. It is used in many different places, including video streaming, microservices, and large-scale data processing.
- Compiled, statically typed language in the tradition of C
- Has garbage collection
- Limited structural typing
- Memory safety features
- CSP-style concurrent programming
- Syntactically similar to C
- Enables AI and data science processes
Java is a programming language that developers use to create applications and systems. It is one of the most popular programming languages globally and is known for its simplicity, reliability, and portability.
Java is used in various industries, including web development, scientific computing, and financial services.
It is a versatile language that can create a wide variety of applications
- Platform independence
- Object-oriented programming
- Enhanced productivity, performance, and security
Swift is a robust programming language created by Apple Inc. It was released to the public in 2014 and has grown in popularity. Swift is a powerful and fast programming language that makes the development of Apple products more enjoyable.
- Simplicity and readability
- Easy to learn
- Has a large community of passionate developers
- Good choice for experienced developers who want to build iOS or macOS apps
- Powerful and intuitive programming language
- Writing code is interactive and fun
- Concise yet expressive syntax
- Produces software that runs lightning-fast
Kotlin is fully compatible with Java, which means that you can use all existing Java libraries in your Kotlin projects. You can also call Kotlin code from Java.
- Concise, safe, interoperable
- Tool-friendly programming language
- Combines object-oriented and functional programming features
- Focused on interoperability, safety, and code swiftness
- 100% compatible with Java
- Can run on any Java virtual machine
C# is a programming language that enables developers to create various applications on the .NET Framework. C# is a powerful, object-oriented programming language gaining popularity.
- Easy-to-use yet powerful
- Fully integrated with .NET libraries
- Simple to learn and understand
Rust is a programming language that has gained popularity in recent years, focusing on safety and security. It is also known for its performance, making it a good choice for resource-intensive applications. Rust is used by major companies such as Microsoft, Google, and Amazon.
While it is not yet as widely adopted as some other languages, its popularity is growing, and it is likely to be one of the most popular programming languages in 2022.
Multiple concurrent Rust toolchains can be installed and managed via rustup.
- Larger than a language specification and a compiler
- Has a large number of development tools
- Safe memory space allocation
- Threads without data races
- Zero cost abstraction
With the rise of big data and the need for more complex data processing, Scala has become a go-to programming language for many developers. Scala stands for Scalable Language.
It is a multi-paradigm programming language representing functional programming and object-oriented programming. It is a statically typed language where its source code is compiled into bytecode and executed by Java virtual machine(JVM).
It combines both object-oriented programming and functional programming. Variables in Scala must be declared before being used making code more difficult to write but easier to debug and refactor.
- Excellent choice for scalable projects
- Efficient programming model
- Concise and easy to read codes
- Easy to learn and execute quickly
R programming language is a free software environment that includes statistical computing and graphics. It is popular among statisticians and data miners for its flexibility and power.
The language is gaining immense popularity among developers of web applications and machine learning algorithms.
- Strong graphical capabilities
- Wide selection of packages
- Complex statistical calculations supported
- Distributed computing with multiple libraries and tools
- Sophisticated application development
- Can run code without a compiler
C programming language is a powerful language that enables developers to create sophisticated software systems. It is one of the most popular programming languages widely used in many industries, including finance, healthcare, and manufacturing.
C programming language has rich features suitable for developing complex software systems.
- Simple and efficient
- Fast code execution
- Better code portability
- Function-rich libraries
- Dyamic memory management
- Modularity with structured language
C/C++ has been around for quite some time and remains one of today’s most popular programming languages. C/C++ is fast, efficient, and can be used to create high-performance applications.
- Efficient and flexible
- Assists large-scale application development
- Has dynamic memory allocation
- Popular choice for object-oriented system programming
- Preferred for faster development of complex applications
Dart programming language is one of the latest programming languages being used today. It is a general-purpose programming language that can develop various applications.
- Easy to learn and use
- Offers various benefits for developers
- Can be used for both server-side and client-side development
Concluding thoughts: Know the technologies, research about them, and only then decide to include them in your tech stack
Staying updated with technologies is crucial for a business’s scalability and success. It allows companies to be nimble and adapt to the ever-changing business landscape.
It can be challenging to track the popularity of various programming languages. Yet, we hope this article will give you a specific idea about including the correct programming language in your technology stack.
Engineering5 min read
Engineering5 min read
Python is a high-level, interpreted, general-purpose programming language. It is a rich language in terms of resour...
Engineering8 min read
In our previous blog under the digital transformation series, we covered the benefits of digital transformation. This a...
Receive articles like this in your mailbox
Sign up to get weekly insights & inspiration in your inbox.
2500 people are reading this blog every week