When it comes to fierce competition among the frameworks in the mobile app development market, nothing can beat Flutter and React Native. These two popular cross-platform development technologies have always remained the talk of the development world. From features, functionalities, APIs, the user interface to support, they give robust competition to each other. This competition creates confusion amongst developers and decision-makers.
And why not? These frameworks are the leading market players used for cross-platform application development. They are the most sought-after open-source frameworks that enable developers to bring scalable and flexible solutions to the table. With less time to market, delivering business applications using these frameworks becomes relatively easy.
Both these frameworks have a great portfolio, with the industry giants showing credence in their abilities. If you aren’t sure which of these frameworks is best for your app development project, you have landed on the right article.
Before we compare these applications based on various aspects, let’s have a quick overview of both.
React Native: A brief
According to a developer survey in 2021 from Statista, Flutter is the most popular cross-platform mobile framework globally used by developers. As per the same survey, 42 percent of software developers used Flutter for developing mobile apps.
This shows one-third of mobile developers use cross-platform technologies or frameworks.
- React Native is an uncomplicated and easy-to-use cross-platform app development framework
- Developers love the framework for the ease it offers to build prototype applications
- Business applications that need simple UI can easily be created here
- With the use of Flexbox, the framework helps develop solutions that may look native but have highly responsive UX
- The applications designed to run with synchronous APIs
- The components of the application are reusable
A quick look at the framework portfolio
Most tech giants find this framework best suited for their business idea. Some of its prominent users are:
- Facebook: With simple navigation, Facebook developed a supercharged, steady mobile UI
- Bloomberg: Streamlined easy-to-get-to, customized content for clients with programmed code invigorating provisions.
- SoundCloud: Bridged the delay among refreshes and fixed forms all the while for iOS and Android.
- Instagram: Implemented message pop-up as WebView without building route foundation.
- Wix: Achieved high velocity and spryness in the advancement of configurable routes and screen alternatives.
- Walmart: Improved client experience by building smooth in-application animations that are indistinguishable from local usefulness.
These top companies have transformed the generation with their solutions and services. They bestow their trust in the framework for the convenience of development and marketing ease it offers.
React Native seems like the right choice for your business application? Don’t conclude too soon.
Wait for a while, and explore further about Flutter.
Flutter: A brief
Flutter is another open-source framework that offers scalable and flexible solutions. Created by Google, this framework works with the language Dart. It is often addressed as an upgraded UI tool stash utilized to assemble cross-stage applications with a solitary codebase in the industry. The app development team gets to create expressive and adaptable UI with local execution. Moreover, it is upheld and contributed by a group of Google engineers and the whole local area.
Flutter app development service providers are often known to deliver futuristic and customer-centric solutions for maximum profits.
According to Statista, Flutter is the most popular cross-platform mobile framework used by global developers, according to a 2021 developer survey. Based on the study, 42 percent of software developers used Flutter. Overall, roughly one-third of mobile developers use cross-platform technologies or frameworks; the rest of mobile developers use native tools.
- Easy to develop MVP mobile applications
- With Skia, get a high-performing app for your business
- Develop applications that operate with OS-level features
- Use highly advanced OS plugins that work with simple logic
- Applications with vast data integration can easily be reactivated with the framework
- With high-level professional widgets, it becomes easier to work with flexible UI
A quick look at the framework portfolio
- Alibaba: The eCommerce giant created a solitary tap navigation insight for all applications with high FPS and a solitary codebase.
- Google Ads: Another tech giant to its name. Google Ads leveraged Dart bundles, Firebase AdMob modules, and static utility classes of Flutter to give a convenient client experience in iOS and Android.
- Tencent: And the master is here. With less than 5 flutter app developers in the team, Tencent built an associated and shared gadget experience between clients with multi-stage support.
- eBay: The international eCommerce giant relied on the complex and redid edge-controlled AI highlights by coordinating Flutter and Firebase to make autoML for eBay Motors.
- BMW: The automobile star developed elite UIs by utilizing flutter BLoC for the board.
These are some of the best applications that use the framework. With such a portfolio, Flutter has been proving its existence in the industry time and over. First released in 2017, the framework has gained a strong position in the market over the short span of four years.
Not sure if you want to hire React Native app developers or Flutter experts? Well, we further share a clear comparison of these frameworks that would help you make the right choice.
Flutter Vs. React Native: A clear comparison
Here is a quick comparison of both the frameworks that would help you make a well-thought-out and correct decision. This would ensure your business objectives are satisfied with the solutions that you would take to the market.
Let’s look at an elaborative comparison:
1. User interface
The UI of a website or application matters a lot, as it is the central point at which human users interact with your business. So, let’s see which framework is giving a better UI experience.
- These applications look good on the updated OS versions as compared to the older versions.
- With a singular code base, these applications have a similar look on iOS and Android.
- The applications built on this framework will adapt to the look and feel of the native components.
- The components of the application look similar to the native ones.
- App components are upgraded as the OS is upgraded. Thus, there is less effort in keeping up with the latest advancements.
2. Sharing code
Nowadays, building software applications are complex. Therefore, organizations adopt the practice to build applications with sharing code. When it comes to sharing the code, both frameworks are giving fierce competition to each other.
Allows single codebase across all platforms and devices. Thus, if you want to build an application that works across all devices, this is the right choice.
Your React Native app development team would need to integrate a third-party library to affirm that the application works across all devices and operating systems with a similar look and feel.
3. Time to market
Time-to-market is one of the most crucial factors to achieve a strong position in the market. Let’s see which framework will help you reduce time to market releasing apps and their updates faster and offers tremendous benefits.
Since the framework uses a single codebase, the applications are ready to market real soon.
With third-party integration and modifications in the code for various operating systems and devices, the time to market is relatively higher.
4. Competitive advantage
Every company wants to diversify its products or business approaches to sustain its strong position in the marketplace. Comparing Flutter and React Native on this parameter is quite exciting as both the frameworks share the ability to provide competitive advantages with unique functionalities.
- Because the rich widgets offer a great feel and look
- Since it is new in the market, the community is still growing
- Essential documents to make it easy to start developing
- Appreciable support from the Flutter team
- More advancements on their way for the web would let the single codebase development be more accessible and convenient
- Time to market is exceptionally unbelievable
- Much stable framework as compared to Flutter
- Immensely popular in the market with a great clientele to its name
- Mature community as it has been in the market for almost a decade
- Several tutorials available for support
These are the essential points of comparison for Flutter and React Native. Depending on your choice of application and business objective, you can always hire the one that helps you earn the best.
These frameworks are well suited for cross-platform development and have made it easier for developers worldwide to build solutions that can make a strong presence in the market.
Launch your intuitive mobile applications today, offering amazing experiences to users and creating business opportunities!
Wrapping it up!
The comparison here is a clear reflection of why these frameworks face such intense rivalry. Developers love both and choose either of them, depending on the client’s business objective and requirements. These frameworks are transforming the way the world would do business and advertise its products.
The mobile app industry has grown much more extensive and technical than a couple of years back. The trend of owning a well-defined online shop has changed to the need of the hour. We make sure to build a strong presence in the market that affirms your business generates significant profits.
The technology is evolving daily, but these frameworks have survived the market competition for their features and ease. It’s always worth discussing your project with an experienced team of developers. We can help you with it.
Rapidops is a leading digital product development company with rich experience in creating robust applications with the latest frameworks and technologies. With our technical expertise, we can help you build your dream applications. Connect with us today, discuss your ideas and let’s get started.
Receive articles like this in your mailbox
Sign up to get weekly insights & inspiration in your inbox.
2500 people are reading this blog every week
EngineeringOctober 07, 2021
Digitalization has often pushed various healthy trends into the industries. This is allowing businesses to capitalize o...
AnalyticsSeptember 17, 2021
While digital technologies are dramatically reshaping modern enterprises, some businesses are pursuing large-scale chan...
AnalyticsAugust 02, 2021
The healthcare industry has seen a dramatic progression in the past few years, particularly in the times of COVID-19. D...