About the Role
The HR Assistant duties involve a wide range of support activities inside our HR department, from coordinating meetings to maintaining our employee database to posting job ads. An important part of your role will be to act as a liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions.
- Assisting with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties.
- Providing clerical and administrative support to HR Manager.
- Compiling and updating employee records (hard and soft copies).
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews.
- Communicating and explaining the organization’s HR policies to the employees.
- Escalating to the right level depending on the nature of the grievance or issue.
- Keeping records of staff insurance and ensuring timely renewal.
- Engaging with employees on a regular basis to understand the motivation levels of people in the organization.
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed.
What We Value
- You’re based in Ahmedabad or plan to shift here in nearby future.
- You have at least 6 months – 1 year of proven experience as an HR assistant, staff assistant or relevant human resources/administrative position.
- You have basic knowledge of labor laws.
- You have demonstrated a strong commitment to confidentiality and professionalism.
- You are good at time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- You are familiar with Human Resources Management Systems and Applicant Tracking Systems
- You have the ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet the necessary deadlines.
- “That’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.