About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer at Rapidops, you’ll do the work that matters. If solving problems, building ideas, and taking responsibilities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment excites you, this is the right role for you.
Our team is seeking DevOps engineers. As a DevOps engineer, you’ll be responsible for managing our software and cloud-based infrastructure deployed at multi-national clients. We are looking for someone to write the code that automatically deploys software on hundreds of machines, configures them properly and monitors them. This could be your ticket into one of the best careers out there. You’ll learn some of the most valued development and operations skills, and all you have to do is show that you really like computers and programming… and are good at getting them to do what you want.
We’re looking for loads of aptitude, love for machines and demonstrable interest with both past and present roles. This is an extremely challenging full-time job with lots of responsibility, great challenges and cutting edge tech exposure.
About the Work:
- Manage all upgrades and backups.
- Research and implement security and firewall strategies.
- Respond to inquiries from clients regarding usage of software/systems in an expedient and thorough manner following service level guidelines, which may include after-hours engagement.
- Apply cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) computing skills to deploy upgrades and fixes.
- Develop scripts to automate visualization
- 1 – 2 Yrs experience
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Ability to set up web servers, run virtual machines.
- Ability to code in Bash/Perl scripts.
- Good communication skills.
- Work experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Python, Ruby, Java or Scala
- Used AWS/ Google Cloud/ OpenStack/ Private Hosted environments
- Knowledge of Hadoop, HBase
- Knowledge of code deployment tools (Puppet, Ansible, and Chef)