About the Role
As an Editor, you will be ensuring that the content written for the websites is grammatically accurate, structurally perfect, factually flawless, and scrupulously adhering to the company’s guidelines. Do a thorough check for spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, redundancy, coherence, and plagiarism.
You will also be training the current employees and new recruits, individually and in groups, to sharpen their writing and editing skills and help them follow SEO guidelines to increase web traffic.
About the Work:
- Edit website content of all the company projects.
- Switch editorial approaches commensurate with the requirements of each project.
- Ensure that a zero-error copy is delivered.
- Ensure that the copy is written in such a way that it is readable and understandable for the target audience.
- Deliver within timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Train new writers and help them come to speed.
- Initiate constructive & collaborative resolution of challenges in a project, if any
- Maintain a log of common errors and provide accurate feedback to writers.
- Liasoning with the writers to clear doubts, improve performance & productivity.
- You’re based in Ahmedabad, or plan to shift here in the nearby future.
- You have 4-5 years of experience in editing content.
- You have experience in writing/editing website content and marketing collaterals.
- You have notable interpersonal skills with a penchant for tactful communication.
- You have zero tolerance to errors in writing.
- You have a firm grip over the English grammar & spellings, especially the US English variant.
- You are familiar with SEO.
- You are exceptional at written and verbal communications (English).
- You have analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- You have the ability to work independently or in a cross-functional team.
- You have the ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to meet necessary deadlines.
- Able to work with geographically dispersed teams.
- “That’s not my job” is not in your vocabulary.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
- You believe in delivering back to the community and you do contributions toward it.