The App Development Tool That Has Rocked The Cross-platform World
Developers around the globe have switched to HTML5 to pursue seamless hybrid apps. HTML5 has been the most sought-after technology for developing immersive web pages and apps. This article focuses on the various aspects of HTML5 that make it the best development tool for developing cross-platform apps.
What does HTML5 offer to the developers?
Many developers in the industry have been arguing that HTML might not be that much important although it is known that for developing cross-platform apps HTML5 is a necessity. It is not a huge part of the whole app development process:
- HTML5 comes updated with latest features and upgraded development tools and the most recent version of the HTML programming language.
- HTML is the favorite development tool as it comes in handy when developers need web modules that need data input and output.
- HTML5 has been developed for rendering websites that have a rich feel about themselves and for the mobile device screens that have little power.
- For the development of websites that have interfaces that are equal to apps more APIs have been added to HTML5.
- For documentation purpose, HTML5 also improved the web page structure.
Also, the language provides better support for multimedia, an element of web apps that has grown over the last few years as businesses modernize.
As for mobile web apps:
- HTML5 comes with page specific code tags that guide where certain things must be placed on a web page.
- This feature comes in handy for the developers as they can create apps that can utilize these tags and adjust with any changes that are made to the browser for example if and when the user is changing the orientation of the mobile device the browser can react to this change.
- HTML5’s Canvas tag lets developers add videos with signature tags in the mobile web apps without the Flash support. HTML5 is one step ahead as it supports much more browsers and handles video streaming very smoothly.
How HTML5 is useful for an enterprise’s web app development?
In today’s market, businesses are banking heavily on web apps; Forrester Research suggests that 54% of the developers spend an important proportion of their time coding with CSS and HTML. Reason for this is that by following this practice, developers are developing a single web app that can run on multiple OS and devices.
- Web apps offer better security over native mobile apps; the Web Storage standard plugin HTML5 never saves passwords or critical user data only saving the last visited page and the configuration data which is helping in thwarting any attempt of mobile data security breach.
- Forrester Research report further suggests, over 70% of developers are using more of these technologies compared to the last year and 75% plan to engage more into HTML5 for their development needs in future.
- Enterprises do not want to spend the extra 50-70% native app development cost when they can develop a hybrid app that can be developed once and then can be utilized in any device.
Like any technology HTML5 also has a minor glitch but that that can also be countered. If we discuss the negative impact of HTML5 than we can talk about the fact that the security level of the apps or web pages developed with HTML5 depend on the security standards of the browser they are drawn up on.
HTML5 has countered glitches like this by being more dynamic and responsive to the web services and other technology resources. HTML 5 has garnered immense popularity in the enterprise scenario and with the developers too, and with the passing time, it will continue to do so in the coming future.
For the modern enterprises, this is a fresh breath of air as HTML5 appeals to the concept of developing apps that comply with the enterprise budget and are very dynamic in nature.
Rapidops has consistently been developing HTML5 based apps that are helping in changing the current business scenarios, and with a team of vibrant and resourceful developers, we can cater to the varied technological needs of our clients. We will be glad to lend our expertise to your enterprises HTML5 app development needs. So, do get in touch with us and let us provide you with our app development services.
Receive articles like this in your mailbox
Sign up to get weekly insights & inspiration in your inbox.
2500 people are reading this blog every week
EngineeringMarch 22, 2021
Remember how Citibank revolutionized the banking sector in the 1970s as one of the first U.S. banks that introduced aut...
EngineeringFebruary 03, 2021
Last Updated: 3 February 2021, updated with latest mobile app development trends Evolution has always paved the path tow...
EngineeringJanuary 25, 2021
Last Updated: 25 January 2021, updated with latest web app development trends Websites play a critical role in businesse...